The Christmas Kettle Appeal is a unique fundraising project that enables The Salvation Army to continue its work with the needy and underprivileged. Every year, staff and volunteers take to the streets ringing bells and encourage passers-by to drop a donation into the kettles. As such, we would like to extend an invitation to you to join us in this tradition and make a difference.
The Christmas Kettle Story
You can read about the Christmas Kettle story on The Salvation Army’s webpage at http://www.salvationarmy.org.sg. For a video on the history of The Christmas Kettle Pot (created by The Salvation Army in British Columbia), you may wish to visit http://www.youtube.com/v/K0y3_4mlnAc&autoplay=1.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
You can help us in 3 ways:
1. Join us as a volunteer:
- Volunteers help to man the red Christmas Kettle Pots and ring the bells, to help raise funds for the children, youth, elderly and needy families in our care.
- Kettling is from Mon – Sat, 11am – 9pm from 22 November – 24 December 2008.
- Each kettling shift is 2 hours (starting from every "odd" hour i.e. 11am, 1pm, 3pm etc)
- 2 volunteers to a kettling shift
- You may choose to sign up in pairs with your friends or family or we will assign another volunteer to partner you for the shift
- Kettlers need to be 15 years old as at 31 Dec this year
- For group volunteers, you are also welcome to adopt the pot for a day
- To sign up for the project, simply complete send the following information to us:
(a) Complete the Volunteer Application Form (Kettling).
(b) Send the form to us for assignment:
Email: volunteer (AT) SMM.salvationarmy.org (replace (AT) with @ to email me)
Hotline: 6555-0232 / 6555-0247
We shall be getting in touch with you shortly regarding your assignment.
- The locations are as follows:
- Bugis Junction
- Chinatown NEL
- Kovan NEL
- Ang Mo Kio Hub
- IKEA Queensway
- Causeway Point
- Wisma Atria
- Lucky Plaza
- Suntec City
- West Mall
- HDB Hub
- Far East Plaza
- Bt Panjang Plaza
- Tampines Mall
- Junction 8
- East Coast Seafood Centre
3. Help spread the word about the Christmas Kettle Appeal